May 7, 2009

Wireless in Kyrgyzstan

Hi All...thanks for everyone's concern on my whereabouts....no worries, I am alive and well, but have been in the pretty disconnected country of Kyrgyzstan...and wireless only exists for $20 per half hour at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Bishkek...that's equal to almost a week's lodging so I refuse to pay it. That means no entries on the blog until I can get a good connection...but it certainly doesn't mean there is a lack of material. My border crossing from China into Kyrgyzstan could possibly beat the experience of showing up at 3:00 a.m on a dirt road in Albania without any reservations or a clue....I am still having visions of gold-teeth, scull cap wearing truckers, flashing police lights, rusty train car skeletons turned into houses and bars and a toothless man named Macho swigging lots of Vodka as he tried to navigate the roads of the snowy Irkeshtam Pass in the dark...can't wait to find a connection and share the adventure!

To be continued......

2 comments:

jess said...

need more contact as to whereabouts..getting a little to 'into the wild' for me..x

jess said...

jezzilove@yahoo.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online