March 11, 2008

In Search of Unhappiness

















Above is a map that charts world happiness with dark blue indicating the most and light blue the least.Well, it looks as though I will be leaving the happiness cocoon of America and voluntarily entering some pretty unhappy places. What do Egyptians and Russians have in common? Clearly,their unhappiness. And who knew Saudi Arabians were as happy as us? Perhaps it's because oil is trading at five million dollars a barrel. Too bad I won't get to talk to any citizens to find out for sure. But, if happiness is bought with money or secured with coastal living, as this map seems to indicate, then I am going to be sure to ask residents in Mongolia what their so ecstatic about. In my pursuit of unhappiness, I will be comforted knowing all of you here at home are the opposite. 

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online